It really is a privilege to live in SoCal. Great weather, nice beaches, majestic mountains, we have it all here. Although the weather here is hard to beat, L.A. summers are known to get quite hot at times. This, of course, leads to significant water supply problems for the region’s residents.
With the recent spell of droughts, Southern California has suffered from a water supply problem that has caused action to be taken by many cities. Imposing water conservation regulations is something many SoCal cities have resorted to in an effort to adapt to the dwindling water supply. According to drought.gov, California is currently experiencing the longest duration of drought which has lasted 362 weeks beginning on December 27, 2011.
We at Payless 4 Plumbing want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to help our customers save as much as they can when it comes to water usage, so we’ve compiled a list of effective tips that might help.
- Take Shorter Showers. Yes, this one might seem incredibly obvious but it’s one of the easiest ways to save money. Consider no more than a 5-minute shower at most.
- Install a Low Flow Showerhead. Back to the showers. Adding a low flow showerhead can reduce your water usage by a significant amount over a year’s time. This combined with taking shorter showers overall can drastically lower your water bill.
- Don’t Pre Hand-Wash Dishes (If You Own a Dishwasher). Most dishwashers today are capable of removing just about anything from your dishes. We understand it just doesn’t feel right putting a filthy dish with food mess in a dishwasher, but fear not, your dishwasher can do the job.
- Heat Up Dishwashing Water in Microwave (If you don’t own a Dishwasher). We wanted to make sure we covered both. If you don’t have a dishwasher, a good option is to place water in your microwave or on your stove and then use that water to wash your dishes once it’s heated. This is unorthodox sure, but you’ll be microwaving water all the time once you see your bill going down.
- Use Faux Grass or Gravel Landscaping. Many of us have grass here in California, but Arizona has the right idea. Due to its far more extreme desert environment, Arizonians have mostly removed grass from their landscapes completely and have gone with stone or gravel yards. Payless 4 Plumbing can help with every aspect of your home from water-efficient landscaping to new construction
These are just a few tips that can help you lower your water bill. The main thing is to just be conscious of when you’re using water. It’s all too easy to assume that your water usage isn’t having an impact on everyone else but it actually is. If we can all just do our part and become more aware of this, California would be on the right track to proper water conservation. Call Payless 4 Plumbing and schedule a free home inspection and see how inexpensive it is to save money. “Why pay more, when you can PAYLESS!”
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /nfs/c10/h06/mnt/149126/domains/paylessforplumbing.com/html/wp-content/themes/plumbing/social-share.php on line 10