Plumbing maintenance can save you from staggeringly high costs on water bills this fall and winter. After all, utility bills can be a buzz kill. Allowing even just one leak to persist in your home may send the cost of bills skyrocketing. It’s just unfortunate many homeowners seem to not get the memo, and instead let the water run in their home as if their usage won’t cost them a dime. What they should know is that even if water is a necessity, it can be quite expensive just to keep in your home. For example, if you are a growing family that takes showers, does multiple loads of laundry weekly and waters the lawn, you will likely be paying so much more for water. If you’re not careful, it may just leave you with empty pockets. That’s why sinks, toilets, showers, water heaters and more need to be used effectively. While it may require you to change your daily habits, it will prove well worth it in the long-term. Even just by shortening your daily water use down to a few gallons less will change your spending for the better. Again, water is a necessity, but you need to treat your water supply with care or else you may wind up without water at all.
Why Should You Call Payless for Service?
Payless 4 Plumbing will be able to provide high-quality plumbing maintenance to ensure your plumbing fixtures work effectively and efficiently. We will inspect all of your plumbing fixtures to ensure they continue to work at their best. Even if you think your home is free of plumbing issues this fall, it certainly will be nonetheless beneficial to have our professionals take a look at your home’s plumbing system. With our help, you can expect greater savings on your bills, extended lifespan of your plumbing fixtures, and all-round improved in-home convenience. When you have fixtures like water heaters and faucets not costing you a single dollar more, you will be able to live in your home this fall and winter with a much better peace of mind. Imagine getting to spend the colder months without the constant threat of high water bills. It will be possible if you call us for plumbing services immediately.
How Can You Save Money on Energy Bills?
To ensure you are not losing sleep and stressing out over high costs on water bills, please follow these 6 tips to save more money:
- Be Careful With Bathroom Fixtures: Did you know your current toilets, showers, and faucets may be using up to 41 gallons per person per day? That may shock you, but you can lessen this by replacing your fixtures with modern, more efficient models. These improvements will pay for themselves over time, and will consume far less water. There are also some smaller steps you can take, including shortening showers which will save you several gallons of water by trimming off 5 minutes.
- Practice More-Efficient Dishwashing: Washing the dishes is just a part of daily life in your home, but there are ways for you to improve efficiency in this area as well. Investing in an energy-efficient dishwasher will save about 30% more water than a conventional dishwasher. If you have to wash dishes by hand, you should definitely use more efficient practices. Instead of letting your sink run, filling the sink with water, and using a clean tub for rinsing.
- Saving Water Doing Laundry: Upgrading your washing machine to an energy-efficient model can save significant amount of water. A more efficient washing machine may use up to 50% less water. This will save you tons of money and the new washing machine will offer longer-lasting performance as well. Also, don’t be afraid to wear the same clothing more than once, and towels can certainly be used more. Washing clothes that aren’t dirty should be considered a waste of water.
- Improve Your Water Meter: There are new water meters available today that have been developed to help you detect leaks and provide detailed information on your water usage that can help you use less water. Smart meter technology can save you money by detecting leaks that can be draining water and increasing your bill. Smart meters are also more sensitive than traditional water meters. They allow you to see where the majority of your water is going, and empower you to use water more efficiently.
- Conserving Water for Your Yard: If you like to take care of your lawn, you won’t be delighted to know that watering the lawn can waste you more money. You should instead evaluate your water use by assessing how you can maintain your lawn and resulting in huge savings. Though it is estimated 55% of your water is used outdoors, there are ways you can reduce that amount by creating a more water-friendly outdoor space. This includes installing a more efficient drip system that waters the base of the plants instead of simply dousing the foliage, or else the sprinkler systems evaporates or blows away. Replacing these sprinkler systems with low-maintenance landscaping can drastically reduce your water consumption.
Don’t Let Plumbing Problems Sneak Up On You – Schedule Your Plumbing Maintenance Today
Contact Payless 4 Plumbing today if you expect to enjoy greater savings this fall and winter with our plumbing maintenance!