Plumbing maintenance is more important than ever now that the holidays are approaching. At this time of year, your thoughts are probably focused on gift giving, great food and spending time with family and friends. The last thing crossing your mind is the effects of the holidays on your plumbing system. However, just because this a time of seasonal cheer doesn’t mean your plumbing troubles will suddenly stop existing. With the increased demands on your home’s plumbing system, though, you could be in for an unpleasant time and have to deal with clogged toilets, backed up sinks and other plumbing nightmares. What makes these problems so stress is that this is already a time of high stress, especially if you are still in the midst of planning any parties or trying to buy gifts. And they won’t come without a price either. Allowing any of these problems to persist will make you spend more on your utility bills, which can be a real financial setback when you’re already spending enough money throughout the season. Of course, you shouldn’t have to spend the holidays this way, and you should instead call your local plumbing company on how to make your plumbing system is ready to go. It can mean all the difference between experiencing a season filled stress and one filled with peace & joy (especially without any drain clogs).
Why You Should Call Payless 4 Plumbing
When you’re stuck in a bind with your plumbing system, Payless 4 Plumbing should your first choice for service. Our team of plumbing contractors will be able to provide you with high-quality work that will ensure you won’t experience a clog, leak, or breakdown at any point throughout the season. They are licensed and fully-trained to tackle any need no matter if you need drain cleaning, leak repair, or even fixture replacement. You should feel free to ask them any question you may have on your plumbing system, and they’ll be willing to provide an answer. Plus, our customer service is unparalleled. We always go the extra mile to ensure you continue to live peacefully in your home. Thanks to our help, you can enjoy this holiday season to its fullest, especially since our work is durable and longer-lasting. Your most essential plumbing fixtures will work more efficiently than ever before so everyone in your household can experience a greater level of convenience.
How Can You Prepare for the Holidays?
In addition to our plumbing services, you should be doing a little plumbing maintenance of your own to keep your holidays issue-free. We recommend these 6 tips for your home’s plumbing system:
- Do Not Throw Grease or Oil down the Drain: You may be cooking plenty of meals involving grease or cooking oil this holiday season. That may sound tasty, but your drains won’t agree if you throw any excess grease or oil down them. Grease or cooking oil will harden in your drains and make passage through them impossible. You should instead discard them in the regular garbage.
- Avoid Chemical Drain Cleaning Products: Chemical drain cleaning products might claim to help you prevent plumbing problems by ridding your pipes of buildup, but they will actually do more harm than good. They may eat away at your pipes and leave you seeking pipe repair much sooner than you realize.
- Keep a Trash Can in the Bathroom: You should provide an alternate method of disposal I the bathroom to avoid the risk of toilet clogs. Keep a trash can near the toilet to encourage occupants to dispose of items there instead of throwing them in the toilet. It’s also a good idea to keep a plunger next to the toilets so they can eliminate clogs immediately.
- Be Careful What You Flush Down the Toilet: Your plumbing system was designed to have only two items flushed through it — toilet paper and human waste. That’s it. Anything else that is flushed through the system like hair, paper towels, baby wipes, and more has the potential to cause backups and other problems. Throw them in the regular garbage instead.
- Break up Build Up with Hot Water: As you use your plumbing system, compounds and other types of build up could occur. However, you can stop these buildups in an incredibly easy fashion. You can stop them from becoming an issue and break them up by rinsing your sink with extremely hot water on a regular basis.
- Set Up a Regular Maintenance Schedule: Like other essential systems in your home, your plumbing system needs regular maintenance. Contact a plumber to give your plumbing system a thorough inspection so that you know it is in top shape for the holidays. If your plumbing system is experiencing clogs and backed up drains, you should call Payless for repairs immediately.
Enjoy Your Holiday Season Worry Free – Schedule Your Plumbing Maintenance Service Today
Contact Payless 4 Plumbing today if you want to ensure a high level of convenience in your home this holiday season with effective plumbing maintenance!