Pipe repair is highly important if you want to save money on bills and eliminate higher levels of stress this fall. However, for some homeowners, it can be much easier said than done. Though piping may be visible around the house, most of it is located in between walls and under floors, areas not immediately visible to the eye. This can allow pipe problems to linger even without the homeowner’s knowledge, causing a great deal of shock when a pipe problem begins to take form unexpectedly around the house. It proves especially costly if that pipe problem is a leak, which can cost a homeowner gallons of water. In fact, according to the American Water Works Association, the average homeowner uses 100 to 250 gallons of water and leaks will cause them to lose 14% of that amount. This also means the cost of water bills will be much higher than you anticipated, which is even tougher to accept considering you are paying more than necessary. If you want to stay away from headaches like this, you should know that it is possible to identify pipe problems. Maybe you do not see pipes directly, but identification is much easier than you may think.
How Can Payless 4 Plumbing Help You?
Payless 4 Plumbing is here to help you when you need high-quality pipe repair. We have a team of highly-motivated plumbers who can provide emergency plumbing repair when you need it the most. Though you may struggle determining when to call for service, our licensed plumbers will be waiting your call regardless. They always show up to the job totally prepared and come equipped with all the right tools needed to make your plumbing system work better than ever. Our plumbers prefer to give your pipes a closer look to determine the root of the problem so they know exactly what types of repairs are needed. We want homeowners across the area to experience a fall without plumbing problems on their mind, which is why we’ll diagnose and repair quickly. With our help, you will be able to achieve a better peace of mind, especially when you notice a decrease in cost for your monthly utility bills.
When Should You Call for Pipe Repair?
Identifying the warning signs of a pipe problem is possible, and our team wants to show you how. The next time you suspect a problem with your pipes, please take note of any of these warning signs;
- Low Water Pressure: With faulty pipes comes low water pressure, which will prevent you from using the shower and sink. You might notice that the water pressure in your shower isn’t as strong as it used to be, preventing you from scrubbing up effectively. Low water pressure in your kitchen and bathroom sinks may prevent you from washing dishes or washing your own hands effectively. Before this becomes too much of a hindrance, please call for pipe repair to have a plumber investigate the problem.
- Contaminated Waters: Water treatment systems are available to keep your water supply free of any hardness or contaminants. However, when pipes are breaking apart or become corroded, they are much more likely to contaminate the water no matter what means of prevention are in place. This is a serious problem with your piping and you need to call a plumber right away before you put the health of your family at risk.
- Corroded Pipes: Though pipes are located in areas of the household not immediately visible to the eye, you can still spot corrosion in any visible piping outside your home. If any of these outdoor pipes appear to be rusty, this means piping inside your home could be corroded as well, meaning you should seek pipe repair as soon as possible.
- Strange Noises: Are you beginning to hear strange noises coming from older pipes? This is largely because older pipes are more likely to have internal flaws that will make the water’s path less smooth. Though pipes will make some noises every now and then, you need to call for help immediately if the noises are proving loud and consistent enough.
- Multiple Leaks: If you are beginning to experience leaks from all corners of your plumbing system, it can be quite stressful having to stop them all at once. It is especially concerning if these leaks are occurring in areas heavy on plumbing, as it’s huge sign that you need to call for help immediately.
- Outdated Pipes: Homeowners will most likely replace polybutylene pipes, which have been famously proven defective. In fact, this type of material saw a wave of lawsuits in the 1980s due to their defectiveness. You should also have a professional look at any piping made of clay or cast-iron, which are outdated materials that can easily fall apart.
- Advanced Household Age: When you own an older home, you will also be dealing with the original pipes of the property, making you at higher risk to seek pipe repair. Even if piping in your older home works well, you still have every right to be suspicious, especially if your home was built before 1960. One household leak could have multiple sources. However, if people have several household leaks, and they seem to occur in areas that are heavy on the plumbing, it’s a sign that something is wrong with the internal piping system.
Don’t Get Caught With A Plumbing Emergency, Schedule A Pipe Repair Service Today
Contact Payless 4 Plumbing today if you want your plumbing problems fixed as soon as possible this fall, thanks to our highly-effective pipe repair!