Leak detection is absolutely necessary in maintaining your home’s plumbing system. Though perhaps not immediately concerning, a small leak can grow into something much worse. Water from a pipe leak can seep into and damage your sub-flooring, ceilings, and elsewhere. This will cost you up to thousands of dollars on water damage restoration service. If not treated, it may also lead to mold and mildew growth within your home that take its toll on overall indoor air quality and make it a health hazard just to take deep breath. Your plumbing fixtures, like toilets and sinks, will also lose their efficiency the longer you allow leaks to persist. This may see you have to pay more on energy bills, further putting a dent in your savings. Making financial matters even worse, a leak can cost you gallons of water, sending the price on water bills up to a completely unmanageable. When your home is already such a big financial commitment, you may put such a dent in your savings that will make difficult to recover. Many of these leak-related issues are often due to the homeowner’s ability to know what identify when they suspect leaks are around their home. A giant plumbing issue may be on the surface without them having any idea. You should avoid getting yourself in a similar situation, which will be possible if you brush up your knowledge of what signs to notice.
How Can Payless 4 Plumbing Help You?
Fortunately, Payless 4 Plumbing is here to ensure leaks are eliminated as soon as possible. Our plumbing repairs are durable and long-lasting to ensure your pipes and fixtures will be able to perform at a high level for years. Our plumbers will closely examine your home, even in the smaller spaces, for any indication of leaks. They offer dedicated customer service that will be there for you every step of the way, making sure your needs are overheard and understood. They will also be available to answer any questions you may have on leak detection to ensure you walk away with a better understanding on the inner workings of your home’s plumbing system. Best of all, we’ll show you what you should be noticing in your home when you suspect leaks are present. With our insight, you will be able to save so much money (and stress!). A more relaxing winter starts with a plumbing system that won’t bring you any trouble!
6 Ways to Detect Leaks in Your Plumbing System
Leaky pipes are a problem that every homeowner will experience given enough time, and while there are plenty of warning signs to watch out for, they will sometimes mean damage to your home and belongings. Most of these signs are only an annoyance, but some of the consequences of leaky pipes can be expensive and labor intensive to repair:
- High Costs on Utility Bills: This is one of the most common signs of a leak. Even if you are noticing a small difference in the size of your water bill, these spikes almost invariably mean a hidden leak. If your water consumption has remained at normal levels, the size of the spike in your bill will serve as a clue to the severity of the leak, as it indicates that you are paying far more than necessary.
- Low Water Pressure: Another way to detect trouble is a loss of water pressure, which will usually coincide with a larger cost on bills. There are a number of conditions that can cause low water pressure, with the possible exception of your water pump. You should check your PRV valves, water pump, and if that doesn’t fix it, start inspecting pipes.
- Water Damage: Wet spots around the home are nothing to take lightly. Water damage restoration service can take a considerable amount of money out of your savings. Before any significant damage occurs in your home, call a professional at Payless for further inspection.
- Structural Damage: Water damage can weaken structural elements. Rodents, wood bees, and many other types of pests that can damage load bearing structures in your home will be attracted to standing or accumulated water and the conditions it creates.
- Collapsed Pipes: Though perhaps not immediately visible, collapsed pipes will appear in the form of knocking sounds and audible running water coming from inside your walls. Many people mistake these sounds for ordinary house sounds. However, these problems should be investigated by a professional to determine if they will need to conduct pipe replacement.
- Mold and Mildew: The most dangerous sign of a water leak, or at least for your indoor air quality, is mold and mildew growth. By the time most homeowners notice mold and mildew, it’s probably widespread within your walls. Mold can also pose a serious threat to your respiratory health, and indicates that immediate and serious repairs are in order.
Don’t Drown In Water Bills – Schedule A Leak Detection Service Today
Contact Payless 4 Plumbing today for high-quality service if you want to avoid high plumbing bills thanks to our highly effective leak detection!